Thursday, October 25, 2007

Singing in the rain

We made it to choir practice last night, rain and all! It was a great time. Darcy hasn't been in a chorus since she was 9, so she was a little shocked and amused by the warm up exercises involved. It certainly does feel silly to the newcomer.

It was great to sing! I need to move my piano to NH so that we can practice. This session started two months ago, and we need to catch up learning our parts in the songs.

I can't believe I missed the first half of the game last night, but what a game it was! GO SOX!

I made it to the gym yesterday, but only for 45 minutes because I had to rush up to Portsmouth right after. I'm still glad I went. I did legs and about 2 miles on the bike. Today I will have more time to do a proper session. I will do upper body and cardio.

I'm really enjoying my more active lifestyle. I have always had a busy lifestyle, but focusing on getting healthy not only affects my physical health, but my overall health as a person as well.

On the scale front, I weighed myself today, and I haven't lost anything substantial since last week when I hit 50. I know I'm doing the things I am supposed to: eating healthy foods in small portions, drinking lots of water and working out, so there's nothing else I could do at this point.

I know that when you start working out - especially strength training - there is an adjustment period when the muscles you are building weigh more than the weight you are losing, and I think that's what is happening with me. I am getting smaller, and smaller clothes are fitting me better and better, so I'm not worried, but I will keep you posted!

I continue to notice that I can eat more and more. Yesterday I ate 1/4 of a grilled chicken wrap for breakfast, a small serving of chicken with snow peas for lunch, an additional 1/4 of a grilled chicken wrap around 3, as I was hungry again, and a small salad with grilled chicken for dinner at 6:30. By 8 or 9 I was hungry again, but I just ignored it.

My nutritionist said I should be eating and extra 200-300 calories per day if I'm working out. I'm not sure how many calories I am supposed to be eating per day now, but I believe it is 1200. I just added up my calories for yesterday, and it totaled just under 800, so perhaps the problem is that once again I'm not eating enough.

This is a challenge because I don't want to overeat and cause my appetite to grow, but I also want to make sure I'm consuming enough calories to be healthy.

I see my nutritionist in two weeks, so that will be helpful!

KC

No comments: