Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One week out!

I'm on soft solids! (I sound like an elderly person!)

I saw the surgeon yesterday, and he says I look perfect. My weight loss is fantastic, my incisions are healing beautifully, I'm getting around with no trouble at all... A+ for KC.

So yes, I have now graduated from my liquid diet to soft solids: scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, baby food (yuuummm), mashed potatoes (yum for real!), etc...

I went out for dinner with Alison last night, and I ordered mashed potatoes with gravy. It was delicious. They say food tastes better after you have the lap band - probably because you have to eat so slowly with small bites so that you actually end up tasting your food. I had no idea how true that would be. I know it helps that I was on a liquid diet for five weeks prior! We shall see if this continues... I was only able to eat a little over a tablespoon amount, and I think I will get about 8 meals from my leftovers. I'm going to measure it and see!

I have the green light to begin light working out, swimming, and even tennis, played gingerly. :) That is great news. Normally, they require 2-3 weeks post op to move on to those activities.

I'm down 48 lbs as of today. I'm worried that the introduction of real foods will interfere with my weight loss, but it shouldn't if I'm starting to exercise again. We shall see.

It's very important that I get all the protein in that I need, so I'm keeping a food journal to track everything I eat.

Have a wonderful day!

KC

No comments: