Friday, October 26, 2007

KC minus 53

I'm down 53 as of today. That was a nice surprise!

I was just thinking, when I was at the gym yesterday, how much more enjoyable the cardio would be if I had a recent loss. That is how I justify doing something I hate so much. I don't know why I love strength training and hate cardio. I love sports, and I don't mind a cardio work out that comes as a result of playing sports. I just hate the mindless peddling or walking/jogging/running or stair stepping...all of it...HATE it! I think I hate it because it's so boring. I also don't like the way it feels.

I love the way it feels when I'm lifting weights and my muscles are shaking because I've overdone it a little bit. I love the pain that comes from lifting a little more than I have or as a result of many reps. I do not like the pain that comes from cardio...the burning in my legs when I'm on too high of a level of the bike for too long... I don't like burning legs.

It's just not my bag. I knooooow it's important and that I will lose weight slower if I don't do it, so I do it, but probably not as much as I should. Since I have added strength training to my work out, I only do 20-25 minutes of cardio each day. In my defense, however, I'm still working my way into a routine, and I still get tired at the gym far sooner than I should.

I need to download music to my iPod - that will help a lot. I also need to get some new movies for my DVD player. I haven't brought that in a while because I ran out of things to watch, and that definitely made cardio less torturous. It did make me bike slower, though, so that's something I need to be mindful of going forward.

I have today off to get a jump start on getting the house ready for the Halloween Party on Sunday. If you saw the blanket of leaves in my yard, you would see my cardio workout has already been laid out for me. Between all that raking and mowing the lawn and running around cleaning, I will definitely have a homemade work out today, but I will at least go to the gym for strength training in addition (and tanning!).

I just started strength training one week ago, but I can already feel a little difference in my muscles. I love it!

Have a great fall day!

KC

1 comment:

Andria said...

Download the podrunner podcast (search podrunner in the podcast section). This is a free mix that a DJ does as a podcast and each one tells you how many beats per minute the songs are. I like then for running - help you get into a good pace. Each one is about an hour long.

Congrats on 53. Been a week since I've read, so I have lots of catching up to do!