Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back to the gym

I headed back to the gym tonight, and it was a good time!

I biked a little over 7 miles, and I did about a half a mile on the treadmill for cool down. I could have certainly done about double that, but I was taking it easy-ish.

I rewarded myself with a nice tanning session, and now I'm going to meet up with Jimmy to bid him farewell before he leaves for Daytona. It's only a 10 day trip, but I'm going to miss him!

Who is going to take me boating this weekend?? ;-) Just kidding!

I *really* wanted to do some strength training, but I know I need to wait to heal a little more first. I just have a good deal of energy, probably because I'm losing weight and eating protein, and I would like to put this energy to use!

I'm not in a race to lose weight, BUT it does feel like I have been given an empty shopping cart at a store that I can fill for free, and even though there isn't a time limit for this free pass, it seems like there should be, so my instinct is to grab everything I possibly can and sprint to the finish line.

That phenomenon is probably a result of my feeling that this is all too good to be true.

Seriously, after five years of wanting this surgery, and decades of wanting to be healthier, I have been given a tool that will make a healthy lifestyle (for life) a real and tangible possibility, and how can that not seem too good to be true?

I'm so glad it's not, though!

XO
KC

No comments: