Sunday, October 7, 2007

An apple pie kind of day...

It's an overcast, nearly chilly fall Sunday in New England. I'm still recovering from surgery, and I know that most of the day will be spent relaxing and watching TV.

If today were an eating day for me, I would be off to the orchards to buy fresh apples this morning to make homemade apple pie, and a big Sunday dinner to go with it...perhaps a beef tenderloin with rosemary garlic mashed potatoes. Comfort food.

Cooking the comfort food is just as much a comfort for me as eating it. I'm going to need some new rainy day projects to romanticize about. :)

Today I'm down 42 lbs.

I'm going to get myself a new outfit when I hit 50. At 75, I think I'll treat us to a nice show in Boston and for 100, I'm getting my teeth whitened! I have wanted to do that for quite some time.

Yesterday, I drove my mom to my Grandmother's house to visit before she left. It was nice to be out of the house. We ended up going to a BBQ after that, and then on a boat ride with Jimmy! That was quite a bit of excitement for post-op me!

I was in bed at 10, which was much later than the past few nights, and I've been up working since just after 6, so I'm clearly getting back to my old routine.

If I were feeling better, I would take on a home improvement project for today, but I'm not quite there yet... I am doomed to marinate in my apple pie making fantasies, until a new idea comes upon me... ;-)

Kristen.

1 comment:

Andria said...

It's good to have goals and treats that you can get when you reach that goal. Sounds like you are doing well and you have great people taking care of you.