Saturday, October 6, 2007

I'm Melting!!!

Haha...I wish.

I am down 41 lbs, though! I know the IV makes you gain water weight, so I have no idea if that is still a factor or not, but we shall know soon enough.

My BMI is down more than 6 points, which is a great start.

Last night, I slept for over 11 hours! Today I am going to try taking ibuprofen instead of the percosets to see if I'm ready to make that transition.

I still have no problem walking or climbing stairs. I have slept on my back and my sides, but I wouldn't attempt to sleep on my stomach yet because there is pain where the incisions are. It's a mild pain, but I do not want to encourage it. :)

Sitting up in a chair is probably the most uncomfortable position for me, because there is pressure on the incisions as well as the gas. The more I walk, the better.

I am waiting for Mom and D to be ready, and then we are going for a nice walk along the water. We shall see how far we get until I need to turn around. I am so lucky to have such a nice place to walk.

Speaking of lucky, I cannot forget to mention how wonderful my neighbors are. While I was in the hospital, the water level went down a bit, and Jimmy took my boat out of the water for me! That is a huge effort, and he is so sweet to do that. Krissy took out the trash for us as well, since we weren't here to take care of it, and they have all been stopping by to see how I am doing. There are not nicer neighbors in the entire world...I'm convinced!

Okay, I'm off for my walk!

Until next time...

KC

No comments: