Thursday, October 4, 2007

Home stretch...

I had the barium swallow. It was terrible, but not as terrible as I had thought it was going to be, so that is a good thing. They are sending up a protein shake for me to drink, and as long as I am able to keep it down without too many problems, I will be discharged right after.

I am dressed and packed and ready to go!

:)

I feel much better than I did this morning. I'm still a bit sleepy, but I'm more excited that I am almost done with this stage of the journey.

While yesterday was a better day than today, I will definitely say that this experience has been much easier/more pleasant than I had ever thought.

I know that I am fortunate, as that is not always the case for every lap band patient.

Today I am in pain, but that is to be expected. I still haven't taken any pain meds, so that probably gives you an idea of how little pain I am in, relatively speaking.

I must say, I did follow the instructions to the letter for both pre-op care as well as in hospital care. I also completed a ton of research, and I read hundreds to thousands of stories of people who have gone before me with this procedure. Their experiences and advice have helped me tremendously. I really recommend taking the time to do that if you are considering weight loss surgery.

Ding dong...still going. I will be writing a letter. ;-)

I will touch base soon.

KC

No comments: