Monday, December 1, 2008

The interview

I have two interviews scheduled this week. I was approached about both opportunities, which is nice. They are both fairly comparable to my former role, but one is actually much more extensive. I haven't started looking beyond these two roles yet, because I am very interested in each, and I am hoping one of them will end up working out. If that does not happen, I will launch a full search. For the positions I am interviewing for, it's not as easy as going to Monster.com because many of them are only listed through search agencies, so networking is a good bet for me. I will also need to work with some search firms, but for now, I'm focusing on the two opportunities at hand. I have time...for now. :)

I'm so glad I'm not going through this process a year ago, before I had lost the weight. I always had self confidence, but some people truly discriminate against bigger people, and while I'm still overweight, I think I'm now out of the range where I would be discriminated against. It's sad that it happens, but it's true.

Also, as a smaller and healthier person, I just feel that much better about myself, so when I'm going into an interview, I will have that much more confidence and self assuredness. It is important to look good and successful, and I think I can portray those things.

These are the times when I value my weight loss journey the most. Losing weight has opened so many doors for me. It's almost shocking to think about how difference life was before.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

That cartoon looks familiar! haha... I used it on my blog during my painful interview process... it's cute!

I agree that fat people are discriminated against although I don't think you personally let your size hold you back careerwise but it's always better to head into the interview process feeling as good about yourself as possible!

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome you are brimming with self confidence. Both these places would be crazy not to snap you up..

lanie said...

I'd wish you good luck on your interviews-but none of your many successes has anything to do with luck. It's very clearly hard work and determination,...o.k.- and maybe a little bit of God given smarts and talent! Go get em!