Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not a big fan

I hadn't weighed myself since Thursday AM, and I was expecting to be up a few lbs from the junk food and sodium I had consumed since hitting the road on Thursday night. I weighed myself on my Dad's old MD scale this AM, and it was *much* higher than anticipated. I expected to be up a few lbs, but not this much...I'm really hoping it's wrong. LOL

Actually, it's not physically possible for it to be right. I know my scale at home is about 2 lbs higher than both of my MD's scales (which must be right), so I'm hoping the gym I go to this AM has a scale there I can use. If not, I know my sister has one, so I'll be heading over to weigh in! :) I feel bloated and gross, so I'm sure I'm up a few lbs, but I never gain weight for more than a day or two. As soon as I do, I just make sure to drink lots of water, avoid an unhealthy amount of sodium, stay on course with my eating, and make sure to work out. I've been on a plateau for quite some time, and eventually, I will start losing again, but I'm certainly not going to allow myself to start going in the wrong direction with my weight! :)

It's about 8AM, and I'm going to see if Darcy wants to get up and come to the gym with me. That will be a big no, but I may bribe her with shopping after, which will most likely turn that big no into an enthusiastic "OKAY!!!" :) Let's see if I'm right...

*****

Well what a good girl she was today! I woke her up and asked her to go to the gym, and she said okay without any bribery! I'm impressed! I guess I don't have to take her shopping after all! Juuust kidding!

My Mom made these oatmeal breakfast squares that are delicious (I've heard), and I believe they are 3 points, so I'm going to have to figure out what that means for my calorie entry on fitday.com. It's probably 175 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 2 grams of fiber, but that's just a guess. It's probably close enough.

My parents are going out to brunch with their friends from church, so I'm not sure what our plan is. I'm really in the mood for a big salad, so I'm going to see if there is a salad bar place around here that they recommend, or a restaurant that has big salads. After all the salt and junk I've consumed these past few days, my body is craving water and fresh fruits and veggies.

****

To all my peeps up north, hang in there with your 2 feet of snow. Summer will be there soon enough.... HAHAHHA - as if! I may just stay in the south through our FL trip. Then I'll miss five weeks of the terrible winter...better than nothing...if only I didn't have that darn cat!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I always weigh significantly more on any scale but my own so I am sure that your dad's scale is just different than yours.

Good job at going to the gym and Darcy... at the gym on a Sunday morning? She must be trying to impress her in-laws

LOL

It's snowing like crazy again so be glad you missed it!

Have a good work out

Anonymous said...

I hope you are enjoying the sunshine. My snowblower is broken and so is my spirit..lol.