Friday, December 26, 2008

Movin' on up

It's been great getting back into my workout routine, now that my injuries are healed. When I first started back to the gym a few weeks ago, I eased into my upper body work out using machines only, but I started again with the free weights when I worked out at the hotel gym on Tuesday, and I was amazed at how low I had to go on the weights. When I was last doing free weights, I was using 25-30 lb dumbells for my exercise, and I had to use 15 my first time back.

Yesterday, I used my sister's free weights, and I moved up to 20 lbs, so that was just after one work out at 15, which leads me to believe I'll be back to 25-30 in no time, but it was very interesting to see how quickly muscles forget and then remember.

With the weights I'm lifting in general, I'm movin' on up, like George and Weezy, and I think I'll be back to my previous routine within 2 more weeks.