Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The home work out


Yesterday I worked from home all day, went shopping briefly, went out to sushi for dinner (Yum!!), and came home and did a home work out before going to class. I did stair push ups (as pictured above), 300 crunches (my first crunches since surgery - they didn't bother me a bit), and a bit of cardio: running up and down the stairs over and over and over...why is this so much harder than a stair master? That makes no sense to me.
.
I had forgotten that before I became ill, and before I had been prevented from working out due to my recovery from surgery, I had committed to working out every day (or was it 6 days a week?), even if it was only for 10 minutes. My work out last night lasted about 30 minutes, but that's not the point... The point is, if I can be consistent with exercise, even for just 10 minutes a day, I'll be ahead of the game, and it will prompt me to work out more.
.
When I'm at goal, I can probably relax to working out five days a week, but while I'm trying to get back into the losing weight groove, I should really try for six or seven days a week, even if it's just for 10 minutes one or two of the days.
.
I caught a little of Ellen recently, and she was talking to a slightly overweight actor. He said how hard it was to get into the groove of working out, and how he never has the energy. She replied that she works out at least five times a week - doing all different things to work out- and it's what gives her the energy she has. I can't believe she can dance up and down all those stairs and then talk immediately after without catching her breath. She is in *great* shape, and she has a very high energy level.
.
I feel like my energy has waned since I've been out of the groove of working out, and I'm looking forward to getting it back. I know I'm still in the process of working my way back into the rigorous work outs I used to do, but I'm looking forward to getting back to that point.
.
Yesterday's food consumption:
.
1128 calories
34 g fat
10 g fiber
84 g protein
.
I've been doing well with my calories (except for on Saturday), and my protein, but I really need to work on increasing my fiber. If I'm not conscious of that, it just falls off the radar screen. I wish I hadn't realized that those fiber one bars had high fructose corn syrup in them, because they were a very tasty way to knock 10 g of fiber out of the way each morning. Oh well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back to working out and your commitment to hit your goal every day even if it is 10 minutes. You are SO right, 109 minutes is better than nothing.

Sushi.....Yuck!!

Alison... said...

109 minutes would be a GREAT work out

;-)

sushi - yum! I had it too

I'll bet TJ never even tried sushi.

Good job working out and 300 crunches? wow!

Love Ellen!

and WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE?

lanie said...

with your surgery and pain behind you, you'll be back to where you were in no time! (watch that knee!)I couldn't agree more-some is better than none! Easing back into it a bit slower will have huge benefits longterm.