Friday, November 28, 2008

You turkey!


I love that pic. I feel like I've used it before, so if I have, I apologize. It's still funny.
.
I am a strange person. We know this. It was so nice going to Darcy's family's house yesterday and having the meal prepared for us! I always host the holidays, so it was a really nice treat! I savored the experience, and reflected many times on how relaxing it was not to have to do all that cooking, etc... Naturally, as soon as I got up this morning, I had to run to the grocery store to buy my own turkey and fixings to make a Thanksgiving dinner.
.
I couldn't just let a holiday pass without me making a whole big meal. There is something wrong with me. I now have a *23* lb turkey cooking in my oven. That's all they had left, but it only cost $10! That's a bargain, my friend!
.
I'm making it healthy, though. Everything I'm making is low fat and as low in calories as possible. That's just how I cook. I would have done the same thing even if I was hosting other people here, and they wouldn't have known. I'm good at cooking low fat foods, while preserving the full flavor. I bet you are skeptical. Try me - anytime.
.
I ate too much yesterday. I didn't mean to. I only took small servings of everything, but I guess small servings still add up! I was in pain after the meal and very full for hours after. I promise, I took small portions! I skipped dessert, but I did have a small bite of Darcy's two pies - one was a toll house cookie pie and the other was a whipped eggnog cream pie. They were both phenomenal, as was the entire meal.
.
I appeared to be down a lb today, which is kind of funny since yesterday was Thanksgiving, but that's just my messed up self. I'll take it. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic!! You are a kook. Only you would get up the day after thanksgiving and cook a turkey..lol.

I am sure it will be delish. I think you like being the hostess..

Alison... said...

I never saw that pic before so I don't think you've used it - very funny!

23 pounds of turkey for you and Darcy.

You're a nut

Looking forward to the turkey soup you make after.

lanie said...

scary thing is,that turkey kinda resembles ME!