Thursday, December 25, 2008

Donner, party of five?

I have been meaning to start having some dinner parties, or just people over for dinner, since it's been colder out...and since Darcy and I are looking for things to do now that I'm working from home and she's looking for work. It's a nice thing to do in the winter when we aren't spending every free waking moment outside.

I got a LOT of new cook books today, and I'm excited to try the recipes. My sister got me the new WW cook book, and I know I'll like that. I have the original one, and I always got great ideas from that. I love cook books with the calorie information as well. My Mom and Dad gave me several cook books, and one of them has all snacks and meals that are 100 calories or fewer. I can't wait to try that out.

My top priority will be getting our floor fixed when we get back from ATL, but after that, we're breaking out the real silverware (no more plastic stuff - haha), and I'm going to try out some new dishes on my guests. Who wants to come first?!

I've been meaning to get back into the groove of having Sunday dinners as well. It's a nice time to get together with friends/family and to make a big meal with lots of leftovers for the week! This is just the time of year. I probably won't attempt this until we get back from FL, but we'll see...

I will keep you posted on the recipes as I try them, and I'll post the good ones (with my edits) once I complete them. Meanwhile, stay tuned for a dinner invitation in the near future! Sorry, TJ, I won't be serving fritos, but you can suffer through whatever I make. You really don't eat much anyway. ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surfe we'd love to come. Maybe I will get you a frito cookbook for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Surfe we'd love to come. Maybe I will get you a frito cookbook for Christmas!!

Alison... said...

Sign me up!

I am anxious to see some of the low cal recipes as well

lanie said...

Pick me!Pick me!