Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Um...ouch

I can't imagine what it took to get those abs. I would love to have six pack ads some day, but it's just not in the cards for me. I can certainly try, though!

After my blog yesterday, talking about how I'm going to work out at least 6 or 7 times per week, even if it's just for 10 minutes, I almost didn't work out yesterday! Loser! :)

I have been quite busy, and I was working until about 9PM. I didn't feel that great, and I just wanted to flop in front of the TV when I finally finished. Thankfully, I sucked it up and I did 700 crunches and 150 push ups. I didn't have it in me to go to the gym.

My abs are SORE today! It's a good pain though. I love the feeling of muscle pain when muscles tear from working out, right before they grow and become stronger. I can't wait to do a good weight lifting work out. I definitely feel as though my body is healing.

Yesterdays food intake:

Calories: 1074
Fat: 37
Fiber: 9
Protein: 75

I'm supposed to schedule a fill. I'm months overdue. I suppose I should do that today.

I also rescheduled my root canal. I would have to pay $300 out of pocket, and I'm not in pain, so it's hard to justify. I know that's dumb, and I should just get it over with, but it hasn't bothered me since my initial flare up, so I'm thinking of getting a second opinion before that hassle (and expense).

7 comments:

Alison... said...

The thought of muscles tearing while working out freaks me out.

Anonymous said...

First, thank you for that photo. It brightened my day!!

Second, good for you sticking with your workout commitment. It can be a challenge, but it's good to see you so rooted in your desire for success.

Third, I am of the firm belief that teh only people who can get abs like that are like Marcello. They have trouble putting weight on. FREAKSHOWS

lanie said...

i need you to teach me how to do crunches!i think i'm doing something wrong.

Alison... said...

Oh ya and 6 packs abs? they're nasty!

ick.

serious

Carmen said...

uh I sent you a text message and got no response...I need you address so you can receive one of my darling Christmas cards. The last one I have for you was when you lived in Lynn...is that still current because I feel like it isn't? Please clear up my confusion...

Carmen said...

p.s. I like Alison a lot. She said nice things about me on my blog, maybe she can be my friend now too :)

Kristen said...

LOL - you are funny! I just sent you an email to the last email account I have for you...hotmail...did you get it? Alison would love to be your friend, Carmen!!! Who wouldn't! :)