Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First day back

My surgeon called back yesterday with the instructions to take it easy - I ended up just doing 30 minutes on the bike. I only did level 5. My legs felt a little wobbly after, which is funny/pathetic, but it's a step in the right direction. My right knee is still bothering me, and it's extra creaky from my work out. I'm just hoping that working out is good for it.

I'm totally bloated today and up a few lbs of water weight from yesterday - I'm not sure why. I was well within my range of calories yesterday, but I'm sure the water weight will be gone by tomorrow.

On the job front, another hospital system reached out to me about an opportunity in their organization, so I will be lining up another interview shortly.

On the house front, we have damage from the floods, and I put a claim into my insurance company six months ago, because the floor is sagging below the refrigerator. The drywall in the corners of the house has started to crack, and now the floor below the refrigerator has actually separated from the wall.

Jimmy took a look under the house yesterday, and he found 3 broken floor joists, 2 of which will have to be replaced completely. I've reached out to my insurance company to see where they are with the flood claim. This is going to be a very expensive project, and I need to know if they are covering it.

I'm just glad I'm not carrying around an extra 160+ lbs with me because I probably would have fallen through the floor by now! :) Yikes.

For someone who is unemployed, I certainly am busy right now. I'm still working for my soon to be former company, and my side work is picking up quite a bit. In addition, my two classes are ending by next week, and I have a big project and presentation to complete for one of them. I haven't started it yet, but I better get going!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Glad you are working out again, even a little, yay!

Glad you have another job prospect too...

and sorry about the house - that's AWFUL!

:(

lanie said...

Yay! Know your're thrilled to be back at it! Just remember what doc said bout taking it easy ms. overacheiver!

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask you about your floor, I noticed it on Halloween. That is awful and they should cover it and should have gotten back to you by now. I have a friend who used to work at an insurance company. They told them to deny most claims initially as most people don't fight it...crooks.

Yay about the job!!