Monday, December 22, 2008

YMCA

Yesterday we drove to Lawrenceville to go to the gym. It was quite a hike, but well worth it. I had a great work out on the elliptical, and I did upper body as well. I'm still sore today! After that, we went out to lunch and then headed into Atlanta with my parents for a holiday field trip! We had a nice time, and we went to Atlantic Station where they had a European holiday shoppes marketplace set up outside (brrrr!), and a giant tree...after that we headed to the famous Varsity for dinner, the world's largest drive in. I had a hot dog and a few fries, but I still managed to stay within my calories for the day.

Before heading home, we checked out the lights at Centennial Olympic Park. It looked great!
When we got home, my dad brought us some of the saltiest popcorn I have ever had (naturally, I loved it), so later, while we watched a movie, I hopped onto their exercise bike and burned about 160 calories, almost equal to the amount of popcorn I consumed.

This morning, we were meeting up with my sister's family for breakfast, so I wasn't going to have time to make it to my gym. I called the local YMCA to see if I could buy a day pass, and they said they didn't have those, but I could just come for free. OKAY! Thanks!

Darcy and I did legs, and then we went swimming and in the hot tub. Awesome! The place was great, and I can't believe none of my family members go there. Silly people.

I have to run, because it's time for moooore shopping, and tonight we are headed out to Lanier Island Lakes or Lakes Island...something like that...for the largest interactive light display on earth...I think. We are hoping to get there early so that we don't have to wait too long, but it should be pretty neat!

Stay warm. XO

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Wow, that Y sounds excellent, your family should join.

Can you go there free for the week?

hehe

The lights display sounds great too, glad you're enjoying your vaca.

You stay warm too!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm free gym passes in the south. My gym only offers condesending looks and over inflated monthly dues