Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas!

I hope you are all enjoying your wonderful, fattening holiday. :) I have only made it through one meal, and I'm already over 800 calories for the day. Yikes.

We got up at 6:30 with the boys and we opened presents until 9:30. Yep, that's right, three hours worth of presents. LOL! I think the boys were actually getting sick of opening presents after two hours. ;-) There were 6 adults (loose use of the word for some of us) and my two nephews. I would guess there were about 120+ presents. I'm not even a kid (sort of), and I had at least 20 presents. Wow! My family is very generous, and I got a lot of great presents, and I also was given a treasure from my sister. She made me a scrap book of the last three years that the boys have visited NH/MA. It is PRECIOUS.

After all the presents were open, we started making breakfast. Correction: my sister finished cooking the breakfast/brunch she had prepared yesterday. I just cut up some fruit...see how quick I am to steal her thunder? ;-)

She made a ridiculously good breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls (sugary, moist and covered in frosty goodness), and a fruit salad with a brown sugar yogurt dressing. Everything was delicious, but we didn't eat until about 11ish. That's late for me, and I was hungry, so earlier in the morning, I had 2 mincemeat foldovers that my Mom made (a holiday favorite of mine), and a piece of sea salt taffy my sister made (YUM - of course!). For brunch, I had a piece of the egg casserole, a cinnamon roll and some fruit salad. I didn't have huge portions of anything, but as you can see, that is how I reached 800 calories in one meal!

I did manage to work out this morning, so at least I burned SOME of the calories. We are having beef tenderloin for lunch, and, no doubt, some sinful sides to go with it. Not to mention, the egg nog cream pie my dad made, and the holiday praline pie my mom made... My sister is a phenomenal cook, and she goes all out for every meal she makes, let alone if it's a holiday! I'm not going to freak out if/when I go over my usual 1000-1200 calories for the day. I will just make sure to have an extra light day tomorrow and to put in a good work out to make up for it. It's all good.

I hope your holiday is as special (and yummy) as mine. XO

1 comment:

Alison... said...

Wow, you even worked out on Christmas day, I'm impressed...

They really spoiled you this year as I'm sure they were thrilled that you were there.

Glad you had such a nice visit with your family.