Friday, December 12, 2008

A little taste of sunshine



It is a miserable day in New England. There's been a bit of a storm! :) Trees are down, huge areas are without power, roads are blanketed with ice...it's just an icky, icky day.

For breakfast, I had a pink grapefruit. It tasted so fresh and sweet, and it was so juicy. I loved it. It made me think of my upcoming trip to Florida.

Also, Alison emailed me that she downloaded a picture of the pool at the house we're staying as her wallpaper, and so subliminally, I'm sure that got me thinking of the trip as well! I think this is the picture she was referring to:


I cannot wait to get to Florida! We've had a rough run of it these past few months, and we are more than ready to relax in the sun, swim, tan, ride ocean waves, flop by the pool, eat tropical fruits, and enjoy life.

This will be my first trip to Florida when I'm unemployed. If I didn't own two houses that are impossible to unload in this market, I think I'd be pretty tempted to abandon the rat race for sun sets and straw huts.

I would loooove to have some island job and live in the Keys full time. I could do boat tours, or run a B&B or a restaurant or shuck crabs, for all I care. That would be the life! Hey, I'm 32...there's time. :)

I'm looking forward to a very active, yet relaxing trip. There are so many things I can do now that I couldn't have before, and I want to do all of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous here! I hope you have fun!!

That grapefruit did look delicious..

Maybe you could open a new Atlantic Shores

Alison... said...

Grape Fruit looked freaky to me but the pool picture looks wonderful. I down loaded the day version of it -

Can't wait to go even if you force fatty to be active!

;-)