Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Toooooo much salt


I feel like I drank 64 oz from the dead sea yesterday. We were in the car all day, and we ate fast food each meal, and I gave each meal a healthy dose of salt. I don't know what I was thinking. It was gross, and according to my scale, I'm up 12 lbs today. I have 2 scales, and the other one has me up 9, which seems more like it. When I bloat, I BLOAT. I'm probably up 6-7 lbs of water weight and another 2-3 actual lbs from not eating at home for the past week and a half, not to mention from the fast food I ate yesterday.

Today I am cleansing my system. Not a silly cleanse, but just a water cleanse. For drinks, I will only consume water (and crystal light), and I will drink a gallon today. I will not add salt to anything, and I will only consume low sodium foods. I will work out, and sweat as much as possible. If I know myself they way I think I've grown to, these extra lbs will be gone in a few days.

I think most people would probably freak out at the sight of a scale up 9 lbs, but I have never seen any one's weight fluctuate from bloating like mine does. I used to have a VERY sodium rich diet, and for the past year +, I have cut down on salt tremendously. Now when I go overboard with salt (which used to be an every day thing for me), I balloon up like a puffer fish:


That's what I look like right now, only it's my feet and legs and hands and face that are all puffed out. Not for long, my friends! :)

1 comment:

Alison... said...

You know your body and you know that it's bloat. You worked out and counted cals on vaca so there is no other explination.

I'm sure the weight will be off very fast

But yes, if I got on my scale and saw a 9 or 12 pound gain, I would drive directly to the Tobin... and you know the rest.

;-)