Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier Island

The picture above is the snowflake bridge at Lake Lanier Island where we saw a giant light extravaganza last night. I don't know how else to describe it - it was amazing. They had a live nativity scene as well, and my dad took this picture of the camel they had!:


Neat-o!

At the end of the 6.5 mile light display, there was a holiday carnival with shops, rides and games. I played the games, naturally. We had a great night.

***

Yesterday afternoon, I went online to track the rest of my shipment from Amazon.com, and I couldn't find any information about the remaining 20+ items that hadn't arrived yet. I called customer service, and they said the orders were cancelled, but they weren't sure why. Naturally, there wasn't time to place the orders again in time for Christmas (even though they said some of the items could still make it - as if I would trust them again!!!), so I had to start shopping for 2/3rds of the presents I needed yesterday afternoon, 3 days before Christmas, with a 90 minute window. Fun! :)

Thankfully, I was able to find a lot of what I needed at the outlets nearby, and I'm in good shape again. I still have 5-6 more presents to pick up this morning, but I know what I'm getting and where to get it, so it should be easy. I'm hoping to wrap all my presents this morning (except for the ones that I ordered on another web site that are due to arrive tomorrow), because I'm going to be quite busy between now and 12/25.

Darcy and I are heading into Atlanta today to see the sites. I want to visit CNN and Coke, and then I'd also like to find some local yocal places, because I always love those. I know it will be hard because I don't have much time, but it will be a fun quest. We are staying overnight at a cool hotel (blog more later once we've stayed there), and tomorrow AM, we are meeting up with my parents and sister's family to go to the aquarium. That will be fun!

When we get back tomorrow night, we are going to try to make the Christmas Eve service at a nearby church, and then we are all spending the night at my sister's house so that we'll be there when the boys wake up on Christmas morning. They are such cute little guys, and I can't wait to see them on Christmas morning. :)

The hotel we are visiting today appears to have quite an equipped fitness center, so I'm planning to work out when we check in, and hopefully I can get my work out in tomorrow AM as well before we check out.

My sister has some equipment at her house, so I could at least get an elliptical work out there on Christmas AM (not sure if I'll have time), or I can use the exercise bike at my parent's house on Christmas night. On Friday, I will probably head back to the Y or Planet Fitness. I'll play it by ear.

For our trip to FL, in a few weeks, I found 2 Planet Fitness locations that are fairly close to the house we are renting, so I'll be sure to build a workout into that location as well.

Be good.

5 comments:

Alison... said...

The lights at that place look great, I love that stuff!

Sorry you're having problems with your Amazon shipments. I ordered some stuff from there yesterday and they're supposed to get here by the 24th but we shall see... these particular items don't have to be here by Christmas since they're for Darce and I won't see her until... well I dunno when.

Anyway, great job on finding ways to work out - I'm very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

That christmas light display looked beautiful. I would have enjoyed that.

Yay for working out?

Did you cancel your own order just so you could go shopping?

Unknown said...

A big plus of an exercise bike workout is that it not only works your heart and lungs but also the muscles in your lower body. Put some variety into your exercise bike workout and you stand more chance of not getting bored. An exercise bike workout can improve your fitness, help you lose fat and just generally make you feel better.

Alison... said...

You finally got a ad comment

!

lanie said...

Happy Christmas Eve mornin'! Sounds like you're having a great time! Merry Christmas to you both-hope you finish that shopping!!!