Sunday, December 28, 2008

The original stairmaster


Stairs!
.
I worked out in the hotel gym this AM, and I decided to take the stairs up to our 7th floor room. I am out of shape! I was completely winded. I had a good work out, but I pinched a nerve somehow, and my back is really annoying me right now.
.
The hotel we are staying in is fabulous! We have a little suite, and it's so cool and urban. Love it! I love funky hotels.
.
I didn't end up working out yesterday. We were on the road for 10 hours, and we checked in, got ready and headed out. We ended up finding an unbelievably good italian restaurant - so authentic! Everyone there was italian, even the customers...we were surrounded by waitstaff and customers speaking italian while we enjoyed our *phenomenal* meals.
.
We started off with beef carpacio, and it was tender and oh so flavorful. We each ordered specials. Darcy had the lobster risotto, and I had the porcini risotto. They were both AMAZING. I think Darcy's lobster risotto was the best italian dish either one of us has ever had, and that is saying a lot! The restaurant was called Al Tiramisu. If you are ever in DC, it's a must.
.
We are about a mile and a half from the sites, and we are going to travel by foot today. I didn't tell Darcy it was a mile and a half because I think that sounds a little worse than it is. :) She's a trooper, and she'll be fine. If anything, I'm the one who has to worry. I ended up wearing a new pair of shoes out last night, and I got three blisters walking around town. I have a bandaid on, and some foxy sneakers today, so hopefully that will do the trick. If not we can always take a cab or the metro...it is the cleanest subway system I've ever seen in my life, after all.
.
I think all of the walking will be a nice compliment to the weights work out I did this AM. I feel like a flabby mess, so 2009 is going to be the year of the sculpt, but more on that later.
.
I will also be publishing a list of secrets to my success, so stay tuned for that excitement as well! ;-)

1 comment:

Alison... said...

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that Darcy ordered something other than chix parm, especially at an authentic Italian restaurant! Lobster risotto sounds excellent... yum

Your blogs are making me hungry.

Great job on keeping up with the work outs the entire time, very very good!