Friday, December 26, 2008

Oops, I did it again



We had a delicious dinner yesterday. My sister made a fresh herb crusted beef tenderloin on the grill (aptly grilled by hubby Jeff), and she served four delicious dipping sauces with it: wasabi cream, mustard sauce, Bearnaise mayonnaise and Gorgonzola cream. Um, yum. We also had creamed spinach, crash hot potatoes (naughty), Christmas Salad, and of course egg nog pie and holiday praline pie. I portion-controlled my way to a total of 1379 calories for the day, which isn't so bad for a Christmas day filled with goodies.

My sister's family headed off to see Jeff's side of the family, and Darcy, my parents and I decided to go to the movies. This was quite a quest, as everyone else had the same idea. We finally secured tickets for a 7PM showing of Marley and Me (very sweet story), and naturally, I gave into my popcorn adoration. I just loooove popcorn. I don't know why, but I do blame my Mother. ;-) I had a small, but of course, that added another 600 calories to my daily total. Yikes.

I know that under 2,000 calories for Christmas is still not that bad, since that's the recommended daily intake (actually, less) for a female my age, but it wasn't necessary. I wasn't even hungry, I just really like it. :)

Anyway, I had a very special Christmas, and it was really nice to be able to spend the day with my family, since they abandoned me to move south many years ago. (I kid!) Watching the little boys open presents was hilarious, and so much fun.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

Christmas under 2000 calores? That is most excellent, good job