Friday, December 26, 2008

Five Guys Burgers and Fries


Today I took Darcy, my Dad and my Mom to the YMCA with me. My Dad enthusiastically agreed to come, but my Mom quickly refused when I suggested it. This was strange to me...she's usually up for anything, *especially* if it has to do with me getting healthy...she must be taking my new found commitment to fitness for granted! Deftly, we borrowed a page from her book, and guilted her into coming with us. ;-)
.
We had fun at the gym, and after our work out, we went into the pool and hot tub. As I suspected, both parents said they were very glad they came, and they really enjoyed it. They are going to look into joining, which would be a GREAT thing for them.
.
My Dad has been telling us about the fries at some burger joint all week long, and he was dying to take us there. He even went there for his birthday dinner this year! We were happy to check it out, so after our workout, we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries. It was every bit as good as he had been telling us! Darcy said it was the best burger and fries she had ever had in her life!
.
I ordered the Little Bacon Cheeseburger, which is not exactly little. It has 600 calories, according to their web site, so thankfully I only ate about half of it. I had about one serving of fries, which is about a quarter of their large size, and that was another 122 calories. I was pretty lucky to escape that adventure, only logging in 422 calories worth of damage. 422 is a lot for one meal, but it's not terrible.
.
I'm going to my sister's tonight, and we are doing pizza and a movie with the boys. I can have 2 pieces (depending on the size and toppings) and still be within my calorie range for the day. Today wasn't the best use of calories, but I will be home soon, and filling my plate with fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean servings of protein.
.
Sometimes it's not always easy to eat a well balanced meal, but portion control can usually save the day. :)

1 comment:

Alison... said...

A work out followed by a greasy burger and fries - LOL

glad you kept your portions down, great job!