Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yogaaaaah

Hey! Who took that picture of me doing yoga? ;-)

I didn't get to the yoga last night, because I got home from work later than planned, and the neighbors were coming over for a red neck pampered chef party (AKA Jimmy is selling some kind of heaters that involved an in home demonstration with an 8 minute video). I was exhausted last night from a draining (but fully lived - LOL) day at work yesterday, so after the demo I melted into my big comfy leather arm chair and watched some mindless television.

I did the upper body section (30 minutes) of one of my yoga videos this AM before work, and it felt good! I hadn't done yoga in quite some time, and I forgot what a nice work out it is. I feel so relaxed and aligned after. I plan to do the lower body section tonight.

Since I hadn't done this tape in a while, which uses a balance ball for some of the exercises, I noticed my body was quite different from the last time I did the video. I could actually feel the different things the instructor was talking about, rather than getting everything lost in all the extra me that was there.

Lanie told me I looked like I lost 20 lbs from three days ago when she saw me last night! LOL. I haven't lost any, but my body is shrinking back into place. Thank god! Shrink on, big mama!

Today is a sunny, beautiful fall day. I'm planning to make it a good one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never done Yoga but you make it sound appealing.

LMAO..redneck/pampered chef party.

Alison... said...

I have been doing the exercise videos on on-demand but I totally forgot I have a yoga tape, thanks for the reminder! I must do yoga again soon. You'd think the yoga ball I trip over every day would remind me, eh?

NOT

Good work!

Kristen said...

You should try it! It would be good for you to find a way to be calm. LOL

Kitty said...

ouch....