Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Bandiversary to me

Friday was my one year bandiversary. I can't believe I didn't take the time to blog about it! In my defense, I had to be out of the house very early that AM, and I was away from the computer all day...

It seems like this year went by so fast. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, and I'm sure it's related to the fact that I can't really use my knee currently. That is frustrating, and I miss exercising freely so much.

This past week was a week when my body caught up with the weight loss I'd already had. I didn't lose anything, but I shrunk, and people noticed. It's funny how that happens.

I know I talked about a lot of milestones when I hit the one year anniversary of my healthy living journey, in the beginning of September, so I won't bore you with a repeat of those details now, but I'm just so glad to be where I am today as opposed to where I was last year.

My life was severely limited, beyond what I even realized, and I was a prisoner in my own body. Today I am free. I still have 35-40 lbs to lose, but those extra lbs aren't limiting me. That's all gravy at this point.

I'm hoping to reach my goal by February still, and I hope my knee will be fixed soon enough. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this winter.

I just lost almost 165 lbs in a year, and my body hasn't adjusted to the change yet. I am FREEZING constantly. The other night, we went to a fire and to watch the game at a friend's house, and I wore long underwear, a t shirt, two sweat shirts and a coat, and I was shaking from being so cold. It's only October!

I can't stay in the house all winter - that depresses me. I'm going to look like a snowman with all my layers on, but hopefully it will work. It's 50 degrees out today, and I have a heater right on me, with layers on, and my hands feel like popsicles, and I'm shaking from being so cold. It's a little ridiculous.

What a transformation in one year. I would have had a t shirt and shorts on in this weather last year. My body will adjust eventually. I'm not complaining. I'll take this over my former self ANY day. It's just a bit of an amusing difference, and I'm probably going to have to move to FL. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. Now you know why I a always cold.

Happy Anniversary to you! 165 pounds...can you even imagine??

I hope the last few fall off easily.

Alison... said...

Big congrats on losing so much your 1st year. You have completely changed your life and have been a big inspiratioin for many people [myself included] - keep up the good work and try to keep warm