Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seriously...


I need to get back into the swing of exercising. Being sick and having my knee problems really threw me of track, and now it's like starting all over again, trying to get back into the groove. I want to try hot yoga, and I plan to do that soon. I just have to figure out when I have a big chunk of time for it.
.
I have clearance to go back to working out my knee (with restrictions), and I haven't even taken advantage of that yet. Things have been busy, but they are always busy. I have a new big project that I was just assigned for work, and it's due by next week. I don't know how I'll do it without working around the clock to finish, but I'm sure I'll manage...I always do!
.
I have to head out for my pre-op appointment in a few minutes, and I probably won't get home until late tonight, and I'll need to continue working (I'm bringing my lap top to the hospital so I can work while I'm waiting for my MD, which often is literally hours), but no matter what, I'm going to exercise tonight.
.
In fact, I'm going to see how long I can go exercising every day, even if it's just for 10 minutes. I'm going to pay myself $10/day for as long as I'm exercising every day in a row. If I really do only exercise for 10 minutes, that's only allowed twice/week. The other times have to be at least 30 minutes, and ideally 60-90, but I have to be realistic.
.
If I go 33 days in a row, I'll pay myself out $330. If I go 100 days, I'll pay myself $1000. Each week, I'll put the money in an account that I don't use, and I'll use this blog to track my progress. If anyone wants to join my efforts, we could always put a pool together and whoever goes the longest w/o taking a day off, gets the whole kitty!
.
Let me know if you want to accept the KC work out challenge! :)

4 comments:

lanie said...

ah-ya no!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I might take you up on that. With Marcello Simmons I have to go every day anyway...lol

Alison... said...

ya, pay me too money bags!

I'll move my fat butt for money

;-)

Kristen said...

If you guys want in, let me know what a reasonable amount of money would be to pay each day. $10 is too high if we're going to lose it. What about $2? If the contest lasted a month, the winner would get almost $200 - not bad! Plus, the competition would be motivational!