Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life is an occasion

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium is a cute children's movie that I happened upon last night. It tells the tale of a 243 year old man who runs a magical toy store. I'm not usually a fan of children's movies, but this one was kind of delightful, quite surprisingly.

Near the end of the movie, Mr. Margorium (Dustin Hoffman) turns to Mahoney (Natalie Portman) and says, "Life is an occasion. You have to rise to it."

I love it. What a simple, yet poignant statement. I've been feeling a little blah lately, not feeling well, too busy for my own good, unable to stay on top of things the way I want to because I'm over committed. I've been getting better, but I have been missing my spark.

Life is an occasion, and I must rise to it, making the best of every moment of every day. As I've blogged about before, getting healthy isn't just about losing weight and exercising. It's about all aspects of health, including my mental health.

I'm going to take a deep breath, take one day at a time, and make the most of each moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that certaily is a chipper message. I hope I can rise to it as well...lol

Alison... said...

Oh my, Sally's back!