Monday, October 20, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Friday night was over in a flash with class, Saturday was a whirlwind getting everything all set for the wedding, and yesterday we had breakfast with Alison, visited with Darcy's family, took my grandmother to lunch and leaf peeping, and finally got home late in the afternoon to have a little time to relax before starting another busy week. I do not like taking classes in person -I much prefer online. Knowing every Monday that after a full weekend, I have to work all day and then go to class from 6-9:30 is just not a fun thought to have every Monday AM.

Here are some pics from the wedding:


Darcy in her Maid of Honor garb

Alison with Mary, Darcy's Mom



Me and Mary
I ended up wearing my boring tan suit, but it was fine. We had a nice time at the wedding. It was a very brief ceremony, which is always nice in my book. :) After the ceremony, the bridal party came out to the Dropkick Murphy's song, and one of the grooms men, came running into the hall like he was stealing a base, and he slid into home when he arrived at the front (very cute), the bride and groom came down the aisle to "Let's get it started," and when they got to the front they started dancing. It was very cute and peppy.
.
Last night, I had spaghetti with light butter and light Parmesan cheese for dinner. I had the worst gallbladder attack I've had yet. It must have been the light butter, but I didn't use much at all, and it's light! I took 3 advil and a vicodin, and nothing seemed to work. I was very nauseous too, and every time I got sick, I was glad that I was feeling something different than the gallbladder pain at the time.
.
The attack only lasted about 5 hours, which is a shorter time frame than a lot of them I've had, so I'm glad about that. The severity of the pain was stronger than ever. I almost went to the ER, even though I know there's nothing they can do for me, and by the time the prescribed me pain meds, the attack would probably be over. I just didn't know what to do. I was doubled over, and the pain was so piercing, I was worried my gallbladder had ruptured.
.
Today, I'm just sore and I feel weak from getting sick a few times, and being in pain for so many hours. I'm glad that's over with. I'm going to eat only bland foods, with no fats until I have my surgery. I had checked about pushing it back a week, but now I'm thinking I should keep it as it is. I really hope I don't have another attack before the surgery.
.
My weight remains the same. I weighed myself at Alison's this weekend, and I think I may have been down another lb, but it wasn't reflected in my scale, so I'm just going to hold off on counting it. I am seriously considering heat yoga. I think it sounds torturous, but I heard the weight just falls right off you. I could go for that.


3 comments:

Alison... said...

I had no clue you were taking a picture of me... I thought the camera was aimed just at Mary otherwise I would have smiled!

But I digress, I am so sorry that you had such a severe attack, that is awful!!! Thank goodness you're having surgery soon.

Maybe you should skip work and school for a day and rest to feel better.

:(

Kristen said...

I told you I was taking a picture of both of you. You must have not heard me. I still thought it was a good picture of you, so I included it. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a very nice wedding. As always the Darc looks cute.

I am sorry you are still not feeling well. You do need to have that surgery

T