Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Make a splash!

In an effort to rise to the occasion of life, as I blogged about this morning, I made sure to wear an outfit I like (somewhat), and all the way to work, I made sure I was listening to the best song possible...I didn't settle for background noise as I so often do, I found the good songs that I could sing along to, and they put a smile on my face!

When I got to work, I had a meeting, and the people I were meeting with weren't there when I arrived, so I had a chance to say hello to a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time. Everyone was full of smiles, and it was nice! After my meeting, I had to rush to another meeting in another building, so I raced up the steep hill that I wrote about before, feeling GREAT to be able to race up it without having to catch my breath, and I raced down a hallway, and then another one, and walked right into the meeting.

In the past, if I had attempted that, I would have been so winded, I would have needed 5 minutes to catch my breath. Not now! Now I can race around like a kid (almost) and nothing seems to slow me down! (Except my obvious illnesses and knee issues). Yesterday I was working from home, and I had a conference call early in the AM, and I realized I needed to get cat food (we can't have a crying cat in the background during a call!), so I drove to the closest store (as I only had 7 minutes until the meeting was starting), and wouldn't you know it? - they were paving the road and it was closed. The store was four blocks away from as far as I could drive, so I got out of my car, jogged to the store, grabbed the food, jogged back to my car and sped home, with minutes to spare.

Naturally, I should probably avoid these types of athletics, but I can't resist it. I miss using my legs to run and to bike and to hike, so when I find myself in a pinch, I just do it! Like Nike. :)

This weekend, I'm going roller skating! One of my friends texted me and asked if we wanted to go on Saturday. YOU BET!! I can't wait. I need to find some acid washed jeans and a half shirt. Oh, TJ!!!!!!!!! ;-)

So I'm going to continue rising to the occasion of life, and making sure I let my body have a chance to release endorphins. I'm going to take Lanie's advice and give yoga a try tonight when I get home from work. I was avoiding it because a lot of it is legs, but I'll just be very careful with exercises on the right leg. This will be good.

I made a delicious turkey sausage and roasted vegetable wheat orzo pasta last night. The veggies are all locally grown, organic and delicious! I had it for dinner, and also for breakfast and lunch today. I'd like to have something nice and fresh for dinner, so I think I'll order a grilled chicken salad. I want that fresh lettuce crunching in my mouth.

I guess that catches you up for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy are you chipper..lol. What a fantastically upbeat blog

Kitty said...

um...excuse me...you jogged with a bad knee, you're going roller skating with a bad knee, and you're worried about doing yoga because of your bad knee?

I'd worry about the jogging and skating before yoga... LOL...yikes!!