Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Knee Update

I think my knee may be getting better. I have been playing darts a lot lately in the garage, and usually after a night of darts, my knee is really bothering me the next day. This weekend I played for hours on Saturday after the wedding and Sunday after the boat ride, and my knee has been fine. I'm not going to push it, but I'm really hoping to get some good news when I see the MD on Friday.

I'd like to do a little physical therapy to avoid surgery, because I'm worried that if I start having surgery on my knee at 32, I'll probably have problems with my knee for the rest of my life. At the same time, I just want to get it fixed so that I can get back to life. I never dreamed I'd miss working out and exercising the way I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your knee is feeling better. I would say avoid an operation if it is possible. You can still do other work out routines. You can row that shouldn't be too hard on your knee.

Alison... said...

Yes, do not push it and take it from a person who has had knee surgeries, my surgery knee is way better than my non-surgery knee so it can help when necessary!

Just sayin