Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wedding Day...again... ;-)

It is very odd that I would have two weddings, two weekends in a row. Most of my friends are older, and already divorced. I kid.

Darcy's baby sister Kerry is getting married today! It's very surreal for D because she is 11 years younger than her, and she always thought of her as a little girl, and now she's getting married!

I still have no idea what I'm wearing. I went to Talbots again yesterday, and I bought 2 more jackets for work, and a pair of pants. One of the jackets is much to small for me, but it will fit me when I'm at goal, and again, I don't think it's too soon to start planning for that. I'm going to need an entire new wardrobe, and I have to dress up for work, so it can be costly.

It's exciting to start planning for that! The other coat is already too big for me, and I know I'm an idiot for buying it, but it was cute, and only $11 down from $202, so hello, yeah. The pants are a size 14, and they are too tight now, but I can tell it won't be too long before they fit.

Anyway, I didn't find anything for today when I was shopping, so I'm bringing three suits with me, and it's up to Alison to decide. The one I want to wear is a light off white, and Darcy thinks it's too white to wear to a wedding, and especially a night wedding. Unfortunately, I think it's the most wedding like outfit of the three. The other two suits are really work suits, and pretty blah.

By next year this time, I will be at goal, and I'll have a whole wardrobe of clothing to choose from when these things come up. That will be nice - I've never had a whole wardrobe of clothes that I'm pleased with, but I will soon!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Ah, the pressure is on!

You are close to being in a 14, that's so exciting!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't wear the offwhite and try and steal focus from the bride!!

Wow several shopping trips in several days. Could you be enjoying yourself???

Alison... said...

TJ - How OLD are you? Women wear white at weddings now and it doesn't take away from the bride like our grandmothers said it would... however, Kristen did not wear the white suit. She says it's off white but it looked white to me and it's light weight... too summery for a fall evening wedding... she wore the tan suit and looked skinny and fabulou!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Alison, Sorry but I am not taking fashion advice from a gil who is afrais od Malls.

I think you may be confusing no white at the weddings with white after labor day.