Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Traffic

It's 8:30 AM, and I'm ready for a nap. I left the house a few minutes later than planned this AM (6:05 and I was aiming for 5:50), and I think it may have made a difference to my morning commute. It took me over two hours to get to work this morning, driving through Boston traffic. It was rainy and dark out, and I had the heat on, so it made me sleepy and lethargic.

I thought it was because I needed to eat, but I just had my cereal with a banana, and I'm still ready to put my head down on my desk! I felt this way yesterday too on my way home from work, but once I ate my DELICIOUS dinner, I felt great. There was red meat involved...maybe I need iron.

Today I have my pre-op testing for my gallbladder surgery. I changed the surgery date to 11/5. After Sunday's episode, I can't wait to get rid of the thing, but next week just wasn't working out for many, many reasons.

As I mentioned, my dinner last night was very good. I made so many veggies, they didn't all fit in the wok, and it's a big wok! I had to use two pans to cook it all, but then it cooked down and all fit in the wok. I can't believe how much I absolutely love vegetables now. I was never much of a fan when I used to eat terribly, and now I think they are fabulous.

I'm going to be flat out with work, school and other projects until we leave for Florida. I cannot wait to have a chance to relax and veg out. I rented a house with a pool, so that we can save money on meals, but also so that we can cook healthy meals while we are there. I want to rent bicycles to ride to the beach and back. My friend Jason is looking into that for me. I never would have dreamed of biking around on a vacation in the past.

We're going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale for a week, and then we plan to go to Key West for 3 days. I still need to figure out where we're staying there. I can't wait to go swimming in that aqua agua.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My worst commutes are in the rain. People cannot drive in it even when it is only spitting out. Sorry for your long drive.

Dinner sounds good. Your vacay will be here before you know it.

Alison... said...

I wish someone could wave a magic wand and I would love veggies...

I need to try cooking them in a wok, I wonder if I still have mine...

You need red meat! I am sure you're iron deficient - get some today.

Kristen said...

I used fresh summer squash, bamboo shoots, carrots, red peppers, onions, bean sprouts, bok choy...what's not to love! It all tasted so good together!!