Thursday, October 16, 2008

The plateau continues


I'm only losing about a lb a week now, or even less, but it seems to be averaging 4 lbs/month...very slow compared to where I was, but it's still moving in the right direction, and I am still shrinking. I borrowed jeans from Stephanie that are too small for her, and now they are too big for me, so I need to return them to her. This leaves me with one pair of jeans that fit me that I just bought on my birthday with my GC from Alison (thanks!).
.
I know TJ thinks it's odd that I dread all the shopping that goes along with losing weight, but part of that is because I don't like shopping in general, and the other part is that I don't like to waste money on temporary clothing.
.
I feel like I've adjusted to my new size. I can't remember what it was like to be the big person I was before. I mean, I know I didn't fit into things, and that I had lots of aches and pains, but I can't remember going through life as ...well, such a fat load, for lack of a more gracious phrase. I don't feel like I've lost weight and I'm a thinner version of me. I feel like I'm the me I was always meant to be.
.
I will get the rest of the weight off, but if I didn't, I'd still be okay with that. I'm healthy, I like the way I look, I have energy, I'm in better shape than people much thinner than me, I can shop in regular stores, and I do not stand out as a fat person in society. Mission accomplished...and I'm not saying it prematurely like some other people (presidents). ;-)
.
I set out to lose weight and be healthy, and I did it. The rest of my journey is really just about toning my body. My brain is rewired, and I don't think I'll ever again think the way I did before.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Your mission has been accomplished for some time. You seem in a word: Happier! You seem to have a zest for life and all the new activities you can do!

Take a minute and savor your victory.

In other news, it is still weird you don't like to shop. It is a present for yourself.

Alison... said...

You surely are the you that you were meant to be, perfectly stated ms. carroll... I never could figure out how smart, successful, Type A, over achiever you ever got to be such a darn load - LOL.

You know what I mean, it just goes against so much you stand for...

I can't see you going back to that old non-you, you won't even tough junk food now, let alone live for it...

I am sure that once your sugeries are out of the way, you'll be working out like a maniac and you'll truly be a skinny mini

Alison... said...

and TJ - Shopping sucks!

Anonymous said...

You aren't doing it right. Come to the mall with me and I will show you how to shop in style. I will even bring my pretty woman CD so we can do a montage scene with you changing clothes in the dressing room. What fun!!

Kristen said...

LOL - a pretty woman montage scene! You are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I think on some level you want to do it