Sunday, October 4, 2009

You gotta do it

I only got 5 hours of sleep in last night, and I'm a little tired today. My back is bothering me (I think still from my terrible chair at work), so I'm just a little achy and slow moving. It actually turned into a beautiful fall day, and I made a nice big batch of red sauce, and I have spiced cider brewing in the crockpot. The house is filled with wonderful smells, and I'm relaxed in my oversized leather chair with my feet up, watching a movie. All I want to do next is lay on the hammock, underneath the beautiful fall leaves, reading a good book.

BUT I must work out. It's not a choice, it's a must. I've decided that today I'll go hiking for my workout. Now that the sun has decided to come out, I can enjoy the sights and sounds of autumn while getting my daily workout in. It's not quite as appealing as my hammock scenario, but I know it will be rewarding, and plus - I can read my book after!

I was down 1 more lb today. I miss the days of being down 3 lbs overnight, but I'm going to need 1 lb/day to get to 14 lbs in the next 2 weeks, so let's hope I can keep up the losing pattern. :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Good for you for working out despite being tired and sore.

Anonymous said...

You got the mantra down....JUST DO IT! You are so right that exercise is the key component to weight loss. All the dieting in the world does niot have the same impact as the mixture of diet and exercise. Guess thats why you have been so successful.