Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food, Glorious Food


I'm going back to my roots, and it's time to develop a meal plan for the next week.  We desperately need groceries, and I want to plan for success, so here goes:

Breakfast Options:
Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast
Multigrain Cereal
Fruit

Lunch:
Leftovers
Kashi all-natural frozen dinners
Blakes organic frozen (mini) meals

Snacks:
Fruit
Veggies
Hummus
High fiber popcorn

Dinner:
Thursday - Teriyaki Steak with mixed veggies and TBD whole grain
Friday - Sushi and Salad with Oil free ginger dressing
Saturday - Vegetable "fried" brown rice with chicken
Sunday - Baked whole chicken with winter vegetable medley and salad
Monday - Chicken tacos
Tuesday - Chicken sausage and roasted vegetables with whole grain orzo
Wednesday - Dinner plans with friends, so probably some type of salad

I'm thankful for my Low Phat cooking blog, as it reminded me of meal ideas I hadn't had in a while!

What healthy meals will you be preparing this week?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This week will be rife with gourmet cooking at my house. Tonight fattening pasta leftovers from the restaurant I went to last night. Friday probably something fancy like Frosted Flakes. Saturday probably dinner out somewhere (i am feeling PF Changs), and Sunday we will probably cook. Jeez no wonder I can't lose this 15 pounds. I guess I should at least try to eat healthier. Your blog maybe brought me to another level of conciousness

Kristen said...

LOL - I wonder how you would feel if you ate healthy foods for a month. I know you'd lose the 15 lbs, but I wonder if your body would go into shock or protest? :)

15 lbs is child's play. Gain some real weight, will ya? LOL - jk.

Alison... said...

TJ - You have exercsing down pat and I seem to have the eating part down pat [for now]... some day we'll both have both mastered.

Meanwhile KC seems to have it all down pat...

Thanks for the menu ideas. I need to plan better.

Kristen said...

I've mastered gaining weight.

Anonymous said...

i am the master of my own domain

Alison... said...

LOL - oh TJ