Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's official


I bought the gloves, so I must be serious about this kickboxing thing.  :)  That's what my instructor said last night - she must not know how I operate.  Purchase does not equal commitment, sadly.

However, I'm *really* enjoying the workouts.  She's great to work out with - she pushes us hard, but not too hard.  I keep thinking I can't possibly do the next thing she's asking me to do, but I can!  Working out with a GOOD personal trainer can make all the difference - especially if you aren't a pro.

She doesn't just show us how to use the machines or teach us exercises, she watches us, making sure we're doing it right, encouraging us when it's hard, ensuring our techniques are correct...that's how it should be.  As we were wrapping up our session last night, a kickboxing class was starting.

It was a nice reminder of how far away I am from being ready to join one of those classes, but I do think that I could be ready after our 6 weeks of sessions with her. I felt better in just half a week of doing her perscribed workout, and I'm hoping that by Saturday, I'll be even that much closer.

I am having trouble typing today because it hurts my biceps - lol - but I'll make it. 

If you are struggling with getting into a good routine, I can't say enough about the worth of a good trainer.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

wow, how great!

Glad you found a great trainer to help motivate you to keep it up. It seems to have made all the difference in the world.

That's excellent.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at the first paragraph..lol.

You do seem to be really enjoying this and you have even piqued my interest in changing up my own routine.

Sorry about the pain, but no pain no gain!!