Monday, October 26, 2009

Oooooooooooooooooooowwwwww


The kickboxing work out was awesome.  She really kicked our butts!  I loved it, though.  When I got out of bed yesterday morning, it felt like every muscle in my body was throbbing.

Our trainer emailed me a workout routine for us to do in the off days when we're not with her, so yesterday, stiff and sore, I muscled through her work out again.  She told us to take Tuesday off from working out, so that we'll be rested up when we see her on Wednesday, but I may have to take today off.

It hurts to type.  LOL.  It hurts to sit in my chair.  We'll see how the day goes, but I will probably just push on through and get the work out in today and take tomorrow off.

Have you jump roped recently?  I don't know about you, but I find it extremely difficult and impossible to catch my breath.  LOL - I can't believe that was fun for me when I was younger.  She has us jumping rope, doing push ups, sit ups, and all these other kicks and punches, and on top of all that, 40 minutes of cardio each day.

I used muscles I hadn't used in a *long* time, and they are making noise now!

I should have blogged yesterday.  I started to, but I lose the oomf.  Yesterday I was down 2 more lbs for a total of 11 lbs in 2 days, bringing me down to 69 lbs to lose.  It was very exciting.  :)

Today, I'm up 6 lbs from yesterday.  Huh???  It's so annoying.  I think it's a combination of a few things:  I had to get up extra early today, so I weighed more than I did yesterday when I got up 3-4 hrs later than I did today, I most likely had too much sodium yesterday, I had some potatoes yesterday, and they make me bloated, and I'm just destined to be fat.  Just kidding on the last one, but seriously - I've been working out *so* hard, and I've been perfect with my eating - to see the scale jump that much in one day is completely annoying.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the sodium very closely today, and hopefully the 6 lbs will be gone tomorrow.  I've gained and lost these same lbs enough - can't I just move past this part?

Oh, and yesterday, I hit a lower number on the scale than I'd been in months.  I felt like I was finally getting somewhere!...until this morning...

For some reason, I didn't sleep well last night.  Knowing I had to get up extra early, I should have gone to bed earlier, but I'm too addicted to Dexter to not watch it, and I have to watch something after it so I don't have nightmares.  I was in bed by 11, but I was tossing and turning all night.  When I did fall asleep, I had really annoying, depressing dreams - so unlike me! 

I have major luggage under my eyes today, and I need some caffeine in a big way.  I have *so* much work to do, and I can't stay late today, because we have a lake association dinner tonight at 6ish, and I need to get my hour+ long work out in ahead of time. 

Today is a day I'd like to fast forward through.  I know I should treasure every day of my life, but today is one of the days that's the dig before you find the treasure.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your kick boxing lesson. I am certain your muscles are sore, that is one tough work out. But, just think a few weeks of pain and then your muscles will get used to you telling them they need to go to work.

Yay on the weight loss. I maybe should have moved my date up, you seem to be flying toward your goal weight...lol.

Kristen said...

LOL - yes, if you go by yesterday - not so much if you go by the scale today!!

Alison... said...

So excited to see what great progess you're making... even though you had a gain today, that must be just sodium and I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow.

Great work, you're very inspirational.