Friday, October 9, 2009

My new BFF

The formatting is off today, so no picture for you...so sorry. The picture *would* have been a tape measure. You will have to use your imagination.

For those of you who haven't had your coffee yet, the imagined symbolism is that the tape measure is my new BFF.

I feel like we're getting off to a rocky start on this one today. LOL

The scale is my arch enemy. I'm not even going to get into my tales from the scale this morning, but I will say that in my frustration, I had a moment of clarity.

I remembered that I took my measurements one month ago, and I decided to take them again. I have been tracking them in fitday, so it's easy to see if there are any changes.

There are like 8 different measurements (bicep, forearm, thigh, waist hips, etc...), and over all, I was down 8.5 inches. I was down 1-2 inches on average with most, but my waist and hips stayed the same, which is common with *problem* areas to always be the last to get the memo that we are GETTING IN SHAPE!!!

So even though I'm not speaking to the scale at this time (we're on a break), I'm really glad I thought to take my measurements both last month and today. That is what counts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you and that uppity scale are having a tiff. Threw mine out 11 years ago and never bought another....lol. I weigh in at the gym so i can leave my disgust with my own progress outside the house. Sure having naked strangers watch you cringe when you get on the scale just adds to the unpleasantness of he whole sitution

Alison... said...

That is GREAT!

Glad that you took another approach rather than to worry about the number.

I had a tape measure [that actually fit around my rotund body] but Lord know where it went after the move and I didn't keep the list of what my measurements were before I started. I can sort of remember them so I should get a tape measure and see if there is a dif.

Kristen said...

yeah you should'

i bought you one too for xmas last year, but you never took it home, so that's the one i use now

LOL