Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oy.


I was up 2 lbs from yesterday, so my one week anniversary of being fitness and nutrition crazy leaves me at 5 lbs lost - during the week, at my lowest point, I was down 11 lbs.  5 lbs in one week is not a bad thing...11 is better.

Last night, I got home from work at 8PM, and it was my day off from working out (according to my trainer), but somehow, I felt like my day wasn't done until I got my workout in.  LOL - TJ has been saying this mantra to me for 2 years now, and the fact that I worked out 7 days in a row without a break must finally be allowing the concept to seep into my brain.

I really wanted to go for a swim, so I got 30 minutes of cardio in last night, swimming at a good clip.  I got home around 9:10, watched 30 minutes of TV and was in bed by 10.  I woke up today feeling pretty well rested.  I think I'm rounding the corner on these allergies, and the medicine definitely helped with the sinus infection.

Yesterday, I was very busy, and I consumed 735 calories.  I didn't eat anything after 5:30 pm, and I was very cautious about my sodium.  Last night, I weighed myself, and I weighed 2 lbs more than I did in the AM, which appeared to be good news because I usually weigh 3-4 lbs more at night than I do in the AM, so I thought it was safe to say I would be down at least 1 -2 more lbs today. 

Somehow, when I got up this morning, I weighed the same as I did last night!  That never happens.  I don't know what's going on - if it's muscles growing, or all the water I'm drinking...if it's the vitamins I've just started taking...I'm going to talk to my trainer tonight, but I know she's not a nutritionist, and she's just going to say I need to consume way more calories than I'm taking in now...but every time I've done that, I've gained...no thanks.

So here I sit...eating a disgusing Kashi trail mix bar for breakfast.  Some people like them - I hate them.  I eat things I don't like if they are healthy.  I realize not everyone feels as though they are able to do that, so I guess that's bully for me!

I like eating healthy and working out regularly.  I feel much healthier, so even though I'm not seeing as much of a difference on the scale as I would like, and even though I appear to be gaining weight for no reason, I'm staying the course, and I know it will start to work soon enough.  5 lbs down in one week is nothing to ignore.

(11 lbs would be better.  LOL)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 pounds in one week is great. I watch the Biggest Loser and those contestants work out all day long and the female contestants all hover around that 5lb mark. I think it is just harder for women to lose weight.The men seem to drop it at a much faster rate.

Besides you are only one week in. By 4 weeks I think your body will realize it needs to fall in line.


Great job on working out consistently. That can only be a GOOD thing!!

Alison... said...

I agree, 5 pounds is great and good work on being so consistantly good... it's tough to keep losing after all the weight you lost [even though you're up some] but keep it up and the result will follow [and have followed].

Stephanie Carnes said...

Great job! Five pounds is excellent. I'm impressed you made yourself work out; I skipped a work out yesterday because it was raining. Of course, my gym is indoors . . . .