Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In the palm of my hand...


Choosing joy is seeping into my Phatband blog today.....  I've been mildly annoyed that my weight is not cooperating with my efforts, and today, as TJ predicted, I was down 3 lbs.  I was slightly frustrated that I'm still up a few lbs from Sunday (since I've been such a good girl), but I decided to be happy with the results instead.  Perhaps it's just taking my body a few days to get rid of the pasta bloat - perhaps my body is building muscle from the workouts, and that's throwing the scale off...either way, unless there is something medically wrong with me that is making me gain weight, exercise and healthy, moderate eating will make the weight come off, and apparently I don't get to set the time schedule.

I still want to be down 14 lbs by 10/17.  I'm currently 16 lbs away from that goal - LOL.  While the scale is moving in the wrong direction, I have been moving in the right direction.  Each day I reach for healthy foods with moderate servings, and each day I make sure to work out, I get closer to building good habits.  I must say that healthy, moderate eating has been pretty much a habit all along (except when I made exceptions), but working out was the difficult habit, because of all the injuries.

I'm trying to learn from my mistakes, and so far, I'm injury free.  I certainly am sore, however!  I have really been getting into Wii boxing lately, and my arms and shoulders don't quite know what to make of it all.  There is a hotel near my house that does offer a monthly pool usage rental, and I am going to check that out.  It's a great cardio exercise (as long as the pace is strong!), and it's very easy on the joints.  While I still have a good deal of weight to lose, I need to remember that every extra lb is a liability for injury.  Swimming is a good exercise to throw into the mix.

I want to check it out tonight, but I don't think I'll have time with homework and stuff I need to do for my CD, but we'll see...  I would like to swim tonight for my workout...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good things come in 3's and I think you can add weight loss to that list. Yay for being down 3lbs that is awesome!!!

I am glad you are enjoying your WII workouts and confusing your body all at the same time.

Tomorrow 4lbs..I see it..I feel it.

Alison... said...

14 pounds by the 17th? That seems so random but I'm sure there is a reason behind it.

Good for you for sticking to the work out.