Thursday, October 8, 2009

The gods must hate me


There was no change in my weight today.  I know I was down 3 yesterday, but that was just down 3 from the 5 I was mysteriously up since Sunday.  I was good again.  I consumed 1100 calories, I didn't eat after 6PM, I went for a hike...why am I not losing?  Perhaps it's because I'm just not a loser.  LOL

I give up.  I'm throwing in the towel.  I'm just destined to be fat.

JK.

I'm no where near feeling like that, but it's not fun working hard and gaining.  Obviously. 

Let's review:  On Saturday, I saw a video of myself, and I knew I needed to immediately get to the gym and step up my work out efforts, use my lap band in a more constructive way, and just double or triple my motivation to lose weight.  I was already down 6 lbs from the previous Monday (when I was up from my birthday weekend), and I was hoping to lose 14 more lbs in the next two weeks.

I had a great workout, and by Sunday, I was down 7 lbs.  For the past 5 days, I have worked out (hard) every day, stayed under my 1200 calories/day maximum, reduced my sodium intake (dramatically), drank tons of water, and now I'm up 1 lb from Saturday (when this all started), and I'm up 2 lbs from Sunday.

So onward and upward I go, but I just hope I start losing before I get so frustrated that I lose the momentum I have now.  I need a carrot to chase.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What were you like as a child on Chrstmas morning? You apparently are not good with delayed gratification. You have been down this road before and know that sometimes you just hit a wall. But those walls eventually crumble! Keep up the work outs and take a long steam, that will help with any water retention you might have.

Alison... said...

I have noticed that any time you got on full tilt with pyschotically keeping to low cals and increasing your exercise routine, you tend to not lose right away. It has happened before.

It's disouraging I know but you'll have a loss soon.

Have a bad day to spike your metabolism, that works, no?

I think it's a good idea anyway.

Kristen said...

I wouldn't dream of spiking my metabolism just yet. I think that's fine and good to do from time to time, but I haven't graduated to that point yet.

Yes, you're right - there have been a few times when I've been gung ho and I didn't lose right away...I just can't remember what happened next? I usually attribute it to the workouts making me gain muscle, but since I'm only focusing on cardio, my mind hasn't gone there...however, I'm doing a lot of hiking, walking fast/jogging, even the boxing, and my muscles have been sore each day, so I know they are growing...that's probably it...I still don't have to like it!

TJ - me? Delayed gratification? I've never understood that concept - at all! LOL - have we met??

Unknown said...

Well I was sort of 1/2 kiddin about the spike... I get it that it's way too early for that but you do tend to not lose right away when you step things up the way you have this past week or so.

Just sayin