Monday, June 1, 2009

Scale on pause

Normally when I get back on track, I notice a change in the scale right away. I think my scale is on pause...or maybe it's calling my bluff!

Either way, I was up quite a bit last week, and I knew (thought I knew) it was all bloat that always comes and goes, but I have no reason to be bloated, and it's not coming off as fast as I would have expected.

With weight watchers, you get a certain amount of points per day, plus a certain amount of flex points you can use if you want something higher in calories than usual. I've also heard it's good to use the flex points so that you spike your metabolism from time to time, but I have no idea if that's true...it's never worked against me, so I do know that...

Yesterday, I had my high points day, and today, I was up either 4 or 5 lbs from yesterday! I am pretty sure it will be gone by tomorrow, but this is all just taking much longer than usual.

I think because I lost and gained the same 10 or 15 lbs constantly for the past 8 months, my metabolism is confused. This just means I need to work out harder, and jump start my metabolism into knowing we are in LOSING mode again. Capice?

In the mean time, I may avoid having any high point days until I'm down this extra weight. Today, I'm eating yummy but healthy meals. I had a egg, low fat cheese, and turkey sausage sandwich on a whole grain english muffin for breakfast. For lunch, I had steak salad with greek dressing, but I didn't use much of the dressing, and I only ate half the steak.

For dinner, we're grilling out, and I'm making ribs, cajun chicken, and either turkey keilbasa or chicken sausage. I'm grilling veggies and making a whole grain porcini and garlic cous cous on the side. It will be a well balanced meal, but it will be yummy and enjoyed with friends.

Salud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds delish. That weight will be off in no time, especially after you get the fill.

Alison... said...

I am in the same boat as you, obv

Cheers to healhty eating and exercise.