Saturday, May 30, 2009

Taco Salad

We made taco salad for lunch today. It was fresh and delicious. We just cut up tomatoes, lettuce, celery and carrots and sprinkled on some low fat cheddar cheese, sour cream, a little bit of fat free italian dressing and the seasoned ground beef. I used the all natural stuff, and it was only 85% fat free, but it left almost zero fat in the pan. It was so much more naturally lean and flavorful than the crazy 96% fat free stuff I used to buy.

We sprinkled baked doritos over the top, and washed it down with some diet IBC root beer - very refreshing.

Brooke mentioned that she made taco salad this week, so it reminded me that I hadn't made it in a while, and I missed it! I thought I'd pass the favor along to you as well. :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Looks wonderful [cept the tomatoes].

Good job

Anonymous said...

I'll pass, but am sure would have loved the baked on doritos