Thursday, June 18, 2009

Poor Mii


Every day, I log into my Wii fit, and I step on the balance board/scale. I'm greeted by a snooty little voice that almost always says "ooooooooh" when I step on...like I'm hurting her because I'm so fat.
.
Then I do the body test, and I get to watch a skinny Mii (caricature of myself in Wii) get fatter and fatter until it reaches my BMI. Then the snooty little voice says to me, "That's obese!" Yeah, I know. I'm WORKING on it!!
.
The other day, the little twit asked me if I'd seen Dee (Darcy) lately, since she hasn't checked in with Wii fit for a while. I said I had. She asked me if Dee was smaller, heavier or about the same from the last time she checked in. I thought it would be funny to say heavier, even though she's really the same, so I did.
.
The little voice said, "Oh My! Well, I wouldn't say that to her, but perhaps you can tell her that you've noticed she sure has been living large lately!"
.
LOL - can you imagine? I can't believe I need to buy an expensive video game to get insulted and given passive aggressive tips. Too funny.
.
Today I weighed in, and I was up 1 lb from yesterday. I don't know why other than it's normal for weight to fluctuate a bit. I ate under 1200 calories, I worked out, I didn't eat late, I watched my sodium intake...there was no reason that I should be up a lb other than it just happens.
The Wii fit program asked me to choose from a list of reasons I may have been up a lb, such as eating too much, eating too late, etc, or I don't know. I picked I don't know because they didn't have normal fluctuation of weight as an option.
.
It then told me I need to be more cognizant of my habits so that I can understand why I gain weight when I do. I wanted to strangle the game. LOL - I don't know anyone more aware of their exact habits than I am. I can tell you exactly how many calories I consumed and burned yesterday. Not many people can do that!
.
Anyway, it's just a game. LOL - but not a great one. Wii fit is fun, and it's worth buying so you can have the balance board to use with the EA personal trainer game. The EA personal trainer is still completely awesome, and it's a fantastic supplement to the gym, but some people even use it instead of the gym. It will help you lose weight and be in better cardiovascular health, but if you want to build more than just a little muscle, you'll need to use weights or other techniques in addition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to love a game that insults you. Must have been created by a gay man...lol.

Sorry you are up a pound but I am sure it will be gone in no time

Alison... said...

OMG, that this is hilarious! You didn't tell me it did all this... how funny and it seems to work so keep at it!