Thursday, June 4, 2009

Aching Back

Actually, it's my shoulders, back, legs, arms, neck and abs. I am SORE! I made sure to spend time in the hot tub last night, so I'm hoping I minimized the aches somehow, but boy, am I sore. Good for me. I earned it. LOL

I did abs and lower body at the gym yesterday, in addition to my wii fit work out in the AM. I got more than my goal of an hour's work out in, and I did more reps, and slower reps than I used to do. I really worked my work out, and it felt good.

I don't mind being sore at all. I'm just trying to decide what I should do to work out today. Even though I did lower body at the gym, I did strength training for upper and lower with the wii fit, so that's why my arms and shoulders are sore. The thing has me doing push ups (but I cheat and do girl push ups which is allowed), and these sideways one hand push up things that make my arms shake, and now the whole thing (my body) is useless!

On days like today, I wish I could go swimming. I know I have every other exercise in the world available to me, but I need this one too. I'm going to work on that. In the mean time, I'm going to wait to see how I feel later in the day. If my upper body isn't too sore, I may go for a long kayaking trip, but we'll see. I'm having company for dinner at 5, so I'm not sure when I'll have time.

BUT I do need to make time for fitness, so I suppose I can justify a mid day's kayaking tour. Either way, hopefully as the day progresses, I'll be less stiff and it will open up more exercise choices for me.

According to the Wii Fit, I'm down 5.5 lbs since Saturday. Now, it's 5.5 lbs I've already lost many, many times before, but I'll take it! It didn't just fall off like the first few normally do, and I feel like I've been working really hard this week and I've been very careful with my food choices, so I'm claiming this loss as a loss, and I'm going to keep going until I break through this plateau once and for all! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great attitude! Good job with the excercise too. You just need to make sure you carve out time every day for it!!

WooHoo on the weight loss.

Alison... said...

The Wii fit weighs you? I had no idea.

Great for you for stepping up your work outs so much!