Tuesday, June 9, 2009

EA's Personal Trainer for Wii


I just bought this over the weekend, and it is GREAT. It doesn't have some of the cool things that Wii fit has, but the workouts are entirely better. I'm glad to have both tools.
.
It even comes equipped with a 30 day challenge designed by Bob Greene. It measures the goals you set, monitors your techniques, provides a personal trainer to help you with the exercises (and to encourage and push you), and based upon your weight, the intensity of your work out, the length, etc., it tells you *exactly* how many calories you are burning, which is totally cool.
So far, I've done the running, walking, squats, lunges, inline skating, bicep curls, shoulder curls and boxing. I LOVE the boxing one. It's a great aerobic workout, and it's so much fun.
.
They have what seems to be 50 preset workouts you can do, based upon the intensity, time length, areas you want to work on, etc, and you can also design custom workouts. The more things you add to your custom work out, it can tell you about how long it will take and about how many calories you've burned.
.
I completed the "easy" 22 minute workout, and it was really a great work out. I can tell because I was drenched in sweat after. Gross, yes, but effective. I designed a 35 minute custom workout, and I got about 8 minutes into that and realized I needed to take a break - I was getting sloppy!
You can also record exercises you did outside of the Wii to track your fitness progress and goals, so that's a plus too.
.
So far, I highly recommend this product, and I think if you read the online reviews, you'll find that most people agree completely.
.
Again, with all things, you get out what you put in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I am anxious to see how it works for you

Alison... said...

Wow, what great tools.

Some day when I visit you, I really want to do a work out...