Monday, June 15, 2009

Candlepin Bowling



For those of you not from the Northeast or Canada, Candlepin bowling was the predecessor to ten pin bowling that is now more popular. The main differences are a much smaller ball, thinner pins, and 3 frames instead of 2.

Tonight, we went candlepin bowling with my Mom. I can't remember the last time I had been, but we had a great time. According to fitday, I burned 84 calories - not a huge amount, but much better than sitting at the movies on this rainy night!

It was fun, and it's something I'd like to do more of. I'm always trying to find more active things to do with my friends, like pedestal jousting, laser tag, etc.... it's so easy to spend the rainy and snowy days sitting around, and that's just not conducive to weight loss!

For exercise today, I lifted weights for 45 minutes at the gym, and then I did 20 minutes of cardio on the Wii. I can't tell you enough how much I love the EA Personal Trainer - it's a million times better than Wii Fit, but Wii Fit is good to have too for the balance board that works with the EA Personal Trainer game, and it has some good points too - I'm glad to have both. I also walked a quite a bit today as we went shopping for a while. Between all that and the bowling, I'm pleased with the amount of calories I burned today.

I consumed 1192 calories, so now that I've kicked WW to the curb, I'm hoping to see some results soon. Tomorrow AM would be nice, but I'm not going to be greedy. It will all happen as long as I keep doing the right things.

2 comments:

Stephanie Carnes said...

Sounds fun! Did you see I had a post about candlepin bowling a few days ago? I didn't know it wasn't popular anymore, though.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm maybe I will go hula hooping and try and bring that back.