Monday, June 22, 2009

And the bloat is back

Well, I went from deflated to severely inflated in a matter of days. Between the travel and the heat, I'm missing that nice deflated feeling I had last week.

I got in just 10 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I had a lot to do before heading out to the recording studio, but I wanted to at least get something in - I burned 120 calories, so it's better than nothing.

I have great optimism about finishing my workout in the pool tonight, but I have a feeling I'll be utterly exhausted after my day in the studio. We'll see, though.

For breakfast, I had a tiny bit of scrambled eggs, a piece of bacon, and a piece of wheat toast. I was trying to avoid dairy because it's not good for the voice. I don't think we'll break until 1PM at the earliest, which is later than I normally eat lunch, so I brought some healthy snacks with me to hold me over.

I can't let myself get too hungry or I make bad food choices - a lesson I've learned too many times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for learning from your mistakes. Hope you are having fun.

Alison... said...

You look deflated and skinny in the pictures!

Brooke said...

Did you sing your little lungs out? The sweltering heat is painful, I know, trust me. I feel bloated daily...maybe it has something to do with the gallons of water I have to drink to stay hydrated. You'll get there...slow and steady wins the race. It's so difficult to eat healthy while traveling...I know. Do the best you can and remember you're there for your cd-a dream come true...you go girl!!!!! xo