Friday, June 19, 2009

Heading out to Nashville


We leave for Nashville tomorrow. I hate to be on the road for so long, because no matter how hard I try, I never lose weight when I'm traveling. Even if I make healthy choices when I eat out, it's just never as healthy as if I prepared it at home.
.
I was hoping to find some Planet Fitness locations near me, but there are none in all of TN! I'm stuck with the hotel fitness center which is never ideal. Part of me is actually considering bringing my Wii with me - not the balance board, but the rest of it...it's pretty small... I'll take another look at the hotel fitness center and decide.
.
Being away from my Wii personal trainer is totally going to mess up my 30 day challenge with Bob Greene! He'll be so disappointed in me! :)
.
I hope there's a scale in the hotel room, but I'm not going to obsess. I've just been working so hard at doing the right thing since I fired WW this week, and I'm pleased with every day I've had. I've worked out, usually for an hour or more, I've been within my 1000-1200 calories per day, with well balanced meals, and even though the scale isn't plummeting downward, I feel great.
.
I want to keep up that momentum while I'm gone.
.
I was telling Darcy last night that I can't believe the change in my body in just 1 or 1.5 weeks with my EA personal trainer. The squats and lunges that were so difficult last week are now much easier. Thankfully, there are all different levels of intensity for the workouts, so it should have me getting in shape for months to come - it's just amazing to see how quickly I'm responding to new workout techniques.
.
I haven't been doing lower body at the gym since I started with the EA personal trainer because I don't need to. The exercises they have for lower body are very comprehensive, and when I'm working out with all the extra weight I have, it's building muscle! Upper body I still get to the gym for every other day, and I've been doing cardio on the Wii - way better workout than cardio at the gym, at least for me.
.
I'll keep you posted on my phat loss as I'm on my trip - be well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fun and creative trip to Nashville. Play, party, enjoy your self. Make the most of this fun opportunity.

Alison... said...

You may not lose but you won't gain. You have GREAT momentum and you're inspiring me to do better!