Sunday, June 14, 2009

Death by Chocolate

Since Darcy's 40th birthday was a bit underplayed this year (HA), my Mom decided to continue the festivities while she is in town. She made a fabulous cake called _Too Much Chocolate Cake_ with a chocolate glaze and fresh strawberries. It was served with a delicious vanilla bean ice cream.

I just had a sliver, but it was probably 1000 calories nonetheless! I don't know how these people expect me to lose any weight around here. :)

Thankfully, I'm able to resist sweets for the most part. The cake was delicious, and I'm so glad I had some, but I'm just fine letting the girls finish the rest of it up. It was a perfect treat for Darcy, and she LOVED it.

My Mom also made Darcy any meal she wanted for her "birthday," so she picked chicken broccoli casserole. I don't eat broccoli, and I was just going to have something else, but when they realized my plan, they switched the recipe to chicken asparagus casserole. It was *really* good, and my mom made it with low fat sour cream, 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, light mayo, low fat cheese, lean chicken and a little bit of breadcrumbs, with the asparagus.

So for a fairly light meal, it was very flavorful, filling and scrumdilyumptious. Thanks, Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish

Brooke said...

Your Mom is welcome to visit me anytime!!! YUMMY!!! =)

lanie said...

what time will you be leaving the house and will the door be unlocked!